Archive for the 'Roommates' Category

Yet another adventure

Saturday, July 22nd, 2006

Current mood: melancholy
Category: Life

Last nite was the most irritating Friday I’ve had in a long long time!

After waiting all week for my favorite TV show on every Friday night, my roomates decide to throw a pre-party before they head out to the bar. Thankfully we have DVR. The only plus side was that TJ decided to have a little jam session with his friends. He’s good enough that it actually sounds really awesome. So it’s kind of like having a live band concert in your living room, just for you. Kind of cool, but it wears off after a few hours while waiting to watch my favorite TV show.

The only draw back of having a live band in your living room, is that its loud! Which tends to draw complaints from the neighbors. So the police showed up after everyone else had already gone to the bar. I gave them the proper information of course and they asked me to warn my roommates about future violations. So when Britney called me later that night to ask me to move the wine coolers from the freezer to the fridge ( I did this), I warned her about what the police said about future noise violations. Then I went to bed and put my ear plugs in for the night.

I slept very well, except for the ringing in my ears.

Oh well, it did go away after awhile, and I did sleep ok.

The exciting part about life is I’ll be going to Washington DC for the International Mars Society Conferance. I’m presenting there about Orbiter Space Flight Simulator, and more specifically Orbiter Mars Direct Project. I still have some 3D modeling to finish for that, and some texture maps.

I also have to finish that boat Farr40 model today if possible. I had originally modeled the ropes for the railing, and the struts for the big arch thing in the middle of the boat using NURBS lines, and I just gave them a mesh thickness. I thought the mesh would export with all the other meshes, but it didn’t. So now I have to remodel those parts of the boat.

Also some optimization routines that I ran on the mesh after the modeling was finished screwed up the connections between some of those mesh segments. So I have to adjust those as well.

It’s really kind of frustrating that some of these projects have to take so long, and so much time! I just try to get them all done at once but they never seem to get finished just when I think they are about to be finished. Then there is more work to do